Staging Diva Dispatch

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Staged in a day and sold in three!

In my last post I told you about the house I staged (from empty to fully furnished) in 24 hours for a woman who had suffered a terrible stroke. Well I just heard from her today! Not only did she get 99% of her asking price, her house sold in only three days!

I'm especially pleased because she really needed to get her money out fast. November has not been a kind month for people selling homes. Although I live in a city with a hot real estate market, things really cooled off in November. So I'm relieved that this client did the right thing and got me in immediately before her house hit the market (though more than 24 hours notice would have been nice!).

I continue to get calls from frantic homeowners with properties that haven't sold who want me to come and stage their homes before they put them back on the market for the spring. It's a pity more don't realize that staging will cost less than their first price reduction... not to mention the stress of trying to live in a show home week after week, or month after month, without an offer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home